Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Warrior's Ethos

This is the "Soldier's Creed"

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.


This is a good creed to live our Christian faith by. This should be our version. Changes are in bold type

I am an follower of Jesus.
I am a Christian and a member of a family. I serve God and live Kingdom values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the faith in close spiritual warfare.
I am a guardian of grace and the Kingdom way of life.
I am a follower of Jesus.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Jerion Jones said...

Thanks for the message. I have really been thinking about Romans 12 and your poem really sent a confirmation about the work that I need to be doing to become the best Christian that I can be. It takes critical training to be a Good Solider in the Army of the Lord. I need to take heed and work more!